‘Sphere Travelmedia & Exhibitions has announced the 2013 Calendar of ‘India International Travel Mart’ events to be conducted in eight major markets of India.
With this year’s edition of ‘IITM’, Sphere Travelmedia & Exhibitions completes fourteen years of providing the travel industry and discerning buyers from the travel – trade an opportunity to do and transact business. With organizations and tourism boards from over 25 Indian states and over 30 countries, ‘India International Travel Mart’ will showcase a variety of destinations from different spheres such as pilgrimages, adventures, culture & heritage, beaches, hills and many more.
The events for 2013 shall have over 400 participants from over 30 countries and over 25 Indian states. The participants include Travel agents & Tour Operators, DMC, Hotels & Resorts, National Tourist Offices, Online Travel Portals, Adventure Tour Operators, Eco – Tourism activities, etc.
• IITM Cochin: 31 January - 2 February 2013
• IITM Kolkata: 28 February - 2 March 2013
• IITM Bangalore: 19 - 21 July 2013
• IITM Chennai: 26 - 28 July 2013
• IITM Mumbai: 6 - 8 September 2013
• IITM Gurgaon (Delhi NCR): 13 - 15 September 2013
• IITM Pune: 22 - 24 November 2013
• IITM Hyderabad: 29 November - 2 December 2013
Mr. Sanjay Hakhu, Director, Sphere Travelmedia said, “India in spite of the present business environment is fast emerging as one of the most interesting and productive countries for the travel trade industry both for leisure and business travel. A combination of factors is responsible for the growth and demand of travel trends from India”.
Tourism Studies and Trends indicate that the year 2013 – 14 will see more than 15 million tourists embanking on overseas travel and with the advent of low cost international airfares, holiday packages that are available on monthly instalments payable over a period of time, International Travel is no longer a luxury.
- This year ‘India International Travel Mart’ will see several new products in the Hospitality and Travel sphere being unveiled.